Jon Ortiz has remained a staple at Woodward Camp for more then 15 years. Jon has always been known for an effortless style and has one of my personal favorite soyales of all time. He makes some of the hardest tricks look like he very well could have been asleep while doing them. We recently were able to sit down with this NYC legend and hear some of his thoughts on Woodward.
Name: Jon Ortiz
Sponsors: Denial Clothing/ Wheels , Neglected Truth Skate Shop, and Woodward.
Favorite Obstacle to Skate at Camp:
1. The Rock
2. Target Plaza
3. Outdoor Street
4. Mega Ramp
5. Lot 8
Favorite Things to do when not skating at camp?
2. Playing Chess
3. Tearing up the cereal bar
4. Relaxing in Buds Barn
5. Healing in the salt pool
Best Camp Memories?
1. 15 years worth of memories, I'd have to write a book, but in general its every time i met someone really cool.
2. Everytime Woodward built something new which is like every year
3. Everytime I did a new trick here, i never did anywhere else.
Best Video Sections:
1: TJ Webber - Wasteland
2. Aaron Fienberg - Brain Fear Gone
3. Anything from Dustin Latimer
4. NYC section from Hoax 2
5. Anything from Chris Haffey